Monday, May 3, 2010

WIP - Pronghorns

This is one I just started today, but, I have done a bit of researching and studying to get the anatomy down and to make sure I don't do something silly in my composition like make the pronghorns jump a fence...lol!  (Pronghorns do not jump!)   Anyway, this is just the start and even this drawing will likey undergo some changes before I get too much farther into this. 

This was my intial sketch that inspired the paintings.. I'm not re-creating this in the painting.  Rather, I am drawing a similar but differant image.

Here I started drawing onto my hardboard panel using soft vine charcoal.  I then went over the vine charcoal with the hard charcoal pencil.

the finished drawing...

and, the roughed-ing under painting.  More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment