Friday, June 12, 2009

Horse Breed Project - Jenny Wren, an Appaloosa Shetland Pony

Close-up detail



This is a graphite on 8x10 Multimedia Art Board and was drawn for the WetCanvas Horse Breed A Week Project. The project is now going every two weeks instead of weekly.
Jenny Wren was one of the 4 horses my family kept when I was a kid. She was such a character - part demon, part angel! My sisters and I learned so much about horses from this little brown appy-colored shetland pony! This drawing is not being offered for sale as it is staying in the family.



2 comments:

  1. love the pencil portrait, Jenny Wren looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou very much! It is a bit rough. I'm still pretty rusty at graphite and I was fighting the surface. Won't use the MM board again for graphite.

    ReplyDelete